If you’re looking to lose weight really quickly like I did, you’ve come to the right place!
Maybe you have a special event coming up soon that you want to look your best for? Maybe you just need a “kick start” of encouragement to eat better long term?
If this is you, keep reading! This could be one of the most important things you’ve ever read!
I’m Catherine Clarke, but my friends call me Catherine Soup. I have spent literally thousands of dollars, and wasted years of time, trying to lose weight. Low calorie diets, low-carb diets, protein shakes, diet pills … you name it, I have tried it, and probably more than once.
The results were always the same…
I’d Lose a Few Pounds in the Beginning,
Then I’d Gain It Back…Plus More!
I finally found the answer to rapid weight loss out of desperation a few years ago… and it was the perfect timing for me! I was attending a wedding, and the “big day” was rapidly approaching. You could say that I was in the “look good for an event” category at the time.
Despite all the excitement leading up to the wedding, whenever I looked in the mirror, I just wanted to cry. My friend said I looked great when I tried on my dress, but I knew she was just being nice. The gown certainly made me look better (though it may have been more than a little tight), but it was going to take more just than a fancy dress to make me look – and feel – great during that event.
Obviously I needed to lose a substantial amount of weight, and I needed to lose it quickly. But based on past experience, I didn’t like my chances.
However, the new info I found on the Cabbage Soup Diet seemed different, so I gave it a short. I am one of those “I Can Do Anything For A Week” people, but longer than that? Probably not going to happen.
Anyway, I tried the diet, and a week later, I was 11 pounds lighter and looked better than I had in years.
Imagine what this was like for me – seeing more results in a week than I had in practically a lifetime of dieting. It was crazy – and exciting!
Perhaps even more importantly though, it gave me the enormous psychological boost I (finally) needed to stay on an easy-to-stick-with maintenance program later on, where I lost 5 inches off my waist … 4 inches off my hips … and 5 inches off my behind. Even I must say so myself, I’ve never looked better!
Let me be completely up front with you here: the Cabbage Soup Diet is not a solution for sustained, long-term weight loss. It’s a 7-day program, designed to lose maximum weight in minimum time. Yes, you can repeat the program for even more weight loss after a 2-week break from it, but only after reverting to a more moderate diet between weeks.
Anyway, that’s the downside, not that it’s ever been a problem. The upside, though, is that it’s the fastest way of losing weight that I’ve ever experienced (actually, it’s the only quick way that has worked well for me, time and time again).
If you haven’t already seen it, here is the original recipe for the Cabbage Soup:
The Original Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 6 large green onions
- 2 green peppers
- 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
- 3 carrots
- 1 container (10 oz. or so) mushrooms
- 1 bunch of celery
- half a head of cabbage
- 1 package Lipton soup mix
- 1 or 2 cubes of bouillon (optional)
- 1 48oz can V8 juice (optional)
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, parsley, curry, garlic powder, etc.
- Slice green onions, put in a pot and start to saute with cooking spray.
- Cut green pepper stem end off and cut in half, take the seeds and membrane out.
- Cut the green-pepper into bite size pieces and add to pot.
- Take the layers of outer leaves off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, add to pot.
- Clean carrots, cut into bite size pieces, and add to pot.
- Slice mushrooms into thick slices, add to pot.
- If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of curry or cayenne pepper now.
- You can use beef or chicken bouillon cubes for seasonings. These have all the salt and flavors you will need.
- Use about 12 cups of water (or 8 cups and the V8 juice), cover and put heat on low. Let soup cook for a long time – two hours works well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
And, here is the 7 day eating plan (remember, this diet should only be followed for 7 days at a time, with at least two weeks in between) …
The Original Cabbage Soup Eating Plan
Fruit: Eat all of the fruit you want (except bananas). Eat only your soup and the fruit for the first day. For drinks: unsweetened teas, cranberry juice and water.
Vegetables: Eat until you are stuffed will all fresh, raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. Try to eat leafy green vegetables and stay away from dry beans, peas and corn. Eat all the vegetables you want along with your soup. At dinner, reward yourself with a big baked potato with (a little bit of) butter. Do not eat fruit today.
Mix Days One and Two: Eat all the soup, fruits and vegetables you want. No Baked Potato.
Bananas and Skim Milk: Eat as many as eight bananas and drink as many glasses of skim milk as you would like on this day, along with your soup. If you don’t like them alone, mix them for a smoothie! This day is supposed to lessen your desire for sweets.
Beef And Tomatoes: Eat up to ten to twenty ounces of beef and up to six fresh tomatoes. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water today to wash the uric acid from your body. Eat your soup at least once this day. You may eat broiled or baked chicken instead of beef (but make sure your chicken is skinless). If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef on one of the beef days (but not both).
Beef and Vegetables: Eat to your heart’s content of beef and vegetables this day. You can even have 2 or 3 steaks if you like, with leafy green vegetables. No baked potato today, and no fruit. Eat your soup at least once.
Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and vegetables: Again stuff, stuff, stuff yourself. Eat as much rice as you’d like, and make sure it is brown rice, not white rice. Be sure to eat your soup at least once this day.
Although many people have had huge success with the original diet as shown above, it also has a million other variations and is constantly changed.
There are a number of suggested changes to the diet, and over the years people have added their own personal touches, making the Cabbage Soup Diet more conducive to their own lifestyles. This can work well, just as long as you follow the basic principles above.
Having spent years running this website and helping people with the diet, I’ve learned one heck of a lot about the challenges people face, and how to safely lose maximum weight in just a few days with the Cabbage Soup Diet.
I’ve compiled everything I’ve learned into a 56-page eBook called “9 Secrets to Rapid and Easy Weight Loss with the Cabbage Soup Diet.”
In this eBook, you’ll learn:
- How to maximize your success this week (there are only 7 days to work with!)
- A list of things you can do right now to look better than you have in years
- How to reduce the chance of overeating once the days of the diet are over (that dreaded “Day 8” approaches!)
- What to eat once the Cabbage Soup Diet week is over (to keep that lost weight GONE)
- How to achieve (and perhaps even importantly, maintain) your goal weight
You’ll also receive:
- A complete shopping list! If you go to the store once and only once, you’ll have everything you need and will be less likely to cheat! (I learned this from personal experiences! Heed my advice – take the list!)
- A “Milestones and Rewards Sheet” to help you focus your effort
- A Food and Activity Journal, for logging your progress (swap yours with a buddy for accountability!)
If you don’t find the information in this book useful, I’d be shocked (and I’d love to hear from you)! I think the day you read my eBook will be the happiest day of your life and, almost immediately, you will start losing weight easier and faster than you’ve ever thought possible!
It is super easy to get access to this eBook, “9 Secrets to Rapid and Easy Weight Loss with the Cabbage Soup Diet.” I usually charge $20 for it, but I am currently letting my friends download it for FREE right now! Grab yours today and just think, one week from now you could be 10 pounds lighter!
Your partner in Cabbage,