Flat Belly Tricks That Work!
You already know that the stomach is one of the hardest things to work out, tone, or define.
The Cabbage Soup Diet helps you to beat the bloat so your belly feels flatter and smoother, by ridding our bodies of sodium.
Most of us tend to eat thousands of milligrams of sodium per day – sodium makes us retain water, and our bellies feel bloated.
Remove the salt and you remove the bloat – that’s why the Cabbage Soup Diet works so well.
After The Soup
Even after you finish the Cabbage Soup week, there are other things you can do right now to help keep your Cabbage-flat belly there for GOOD.
- Easy one: KEEP salt out of your diet! You lived without it for a full week on the Cabbage Soup Diet, so keep your good habits going! Replace your salt shaker with some red pepper flakes for extra points!
- Chew thoroughly! I recently read that “digestion begins in the mouth” and if you only chew a few times before swallowing, you’re sending huge gobs of food into your belly. It’ll take much longer for your body to break down big pieces of food to digest than small pieces. If you chew longer, you give your mouth time to aid in digestion… which means you’ll digest faster and without a “food baby” or bloated belly.
- Snack at 3pm! Most people tend to have breakfast, a small snack, then lunch…and then not eat until dinner, sometimes as late as 6-7pm or later. For a flat belly, you want to eat small meals but more often, which will keep your metabolism burning long after you stop eating. For best results, have something with some protein, like some almonds or a piece of low fat cheese.
- Reduce your sugar intake. Yep, seems like a no brainer. However, there is some science involved here. The more sugar you eat, the more insulin you produce, we know this, right? The less sugar you eat, the lower your glucose levels remain. There is another chemical at work here too, calledglucagon, and the less sugar you eat, the more fat-fighting glucagon you produce. The more sugar you eat, the less glucagon you produce.
- Eat WHOLE grains – but monitor your portions! Whole grains (like quinoa, spelt, and others) are great for a flat belly. GOOD fats, like the ones Isabella discusses, DO include whole grains, and continuing to eat small amounts will help shrink your belly. (This doesn’t work if you eat the entire loaf of the warm French bread you got from the store).
The Last Tip Is Silly…
I listed this one as ½ of a tip, because it is pretty silly…but works!
- See a comedy! No kidding – laughing strengthens abs, it’s that simple. Go to see a comedy show, watch a silly movie, even turn on America’s Funniest Videos for some cheesy, gut-busting laughter. Smiling will also put you in a good mood, too!
Those are a few short cuts I’ve thought of, read about, and practiced, over time, to help me maintain my weight and feel great all the time. What do you do to look and feel your best? If you have any flat belly tricks, please leave them in the comments!
Till next time,