Let’s talk about the pros and cons of protein shakes.
Pros of Protein Shakes
- It can help you lose weight.
- It can be another way to get in your fruits and veggies.
- It’s convenient and can be consumed on the go, so it’s a great choice for busy dieters.
- It can help you feel full and the protein will help rev your metabolism and keep you focused.
Cons of Protein Shakes
Now, let’s talk about the other side!
- Be wary of pre-made protein shakes! Many are filled with sugar or, even worse, a fake sugar substitute.
- Be wary of shakes with too many ingredients!
- Check the calories. If you get a “low cal” shake, you may end up with high fat, or more sugar, or something extra that you do not want.
- Most shakes are meal replacements. Do not simply add in a shake to your meal plan – use it as a meal replacement.
- Consuming too much protein can be a problem for dieters as well. Monitor your intake!
For Best Results
For best results, make your own shake!
- Pick protein powder that you’ll find tasty – check for good ingredients and check for possible allergens, too.
- Use fruits and veggies you like! Design your own go-to beverage!
- Monitor your protein intake to make sure you’re not eating too much.
Do you have any tips or tasty suggestions?! Leave them below or come tell me on Facebook!
To your health,