- 2 large yellow or white onions
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves (garlic lovers: add an extra 1 or 2 cloves!)
- 2 green peppers
- 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
- 3 carrots
- 1 container (10 oz. or so) mushrooms
- 1 bunch of celery
- Half a head of cabbage
- 1 48oz can Low Sodium V8 juice (optional)
- NEW!! One pack of my Cabbage Soup Diet Seasoning
Slice or dice onions with garlic, put in a very large pot.
Cut green pepper stem end off, then cut pepper in half to take out the seeds and membrane. Cut the green pepper into bite size pieces and add to pot.
Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, add to pot.
Clean carrots, mushrooms, and celery, cut into bite size pieces and toss them in. Add tomatoes now, too.
Cabbage Soup tends to get a bit dull and boring, so be sure to add one pack of my Seasoning Mix for great tasting soup. It is premeasured for this recipe, just add the entire pack!…Be sure to get it ordered now so that you’ll have it available when you’re ready to make your soup.
Use about 12 cups of water (or 8 cups and the 48 oz of Low Sodium V8 juice), cover and put heat on low. Let soup simmer for a long time – about 2 hours or until vegetables are tender.
What about AFTER Cabbage Soup?
I am often asked: “I spent my last 7 days eating my Cabbage Soup, I have lost some weight and feel great….but what now?”
What if I told you that I had a great recipe for a hearty vegetable soup? – NO Cabbage!! It makes for a great low calorie meal and helps keep the weight off!
This is a non-cream based (low calorie) soup that has more variety of vegetables than my cabbage soup, and tastes wonderful. It’s easy to make and freezes well to take to work, or enjoy later.
At only 45 calories and 78 cents per serving (for all ingredients, including my seasoning pack), you just can’t beat it!
I even give you the option to add a little turkey, chicken, or ham (which adds about 20 calories per serving).
• 2 large yellow or white onions
• 1 or 2 garlic cloves (garlic lovers: add an extra 1 or 2 cloves!)
• 2 peppers (yellow, red, or green – pick your favorite!)
• 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
• 3 carrots
• 1 container (10 oz. or so) mushrooms
• 1 bunch of celery
• 1 bunch of asparagus
• 1 zucchini
• 1 yellow squash
• ¾ cup of pearled barley
• Meat (optional) turkey, ham, or chicken – We make this really easy for you: go to the deli and ask for a 1 slice ½ – ¾ inch thick of turkey, chicken, or ham.
• And the most important ingredient of them all!!….1 packet of my seasoning mix (Original, or my new Tomato Basil). Click Here to learn more.
• 12 cups of water
Very simple to prepare:
Wash, and cut all of the above ingredients into bite size pieces. Place them all in a large (8 quart) pot. Add the water and seasoning mix. Bring the whole thing to a low boil, stirring occasionally.
Reduce the heat and cover. Maintain a low simmer for 45 minutes – stir occasionally.
Uncover and enjoy!
Calories per 8 ounce serving – 45 (without meat); 65 (with ham, chicken, or turkey).
Cost/serving – 78 cents no meat, or about $1.00 with meat.
Cheese lovers – add a slice of your favorite cheese to the top of your steamy cup or bowl just before serving. It will add about 100 calories…but it sure is good.
Click Here to find out more about my seasoning mix – it works great for both the Cabbage Soup, as well as my Hearty Vegetable Soup listed above.
Stick With The Cabbage Soup Diet For 7 Days…And Look Amazing Later, Too!
The Cabbage Soup Diet WORKS and helps you lose weight fast. After you drop that weight, you’ll be looking and feeling great…and the key is to NOT gain it back later, right?
Want to know what I use to keep that weight OFF permanently??