- 6 large green onions (also called “spring” onions)
- 2 green peppers
- 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
- 3 carrots
- 1 container (10 oz. or so) mushrooms
- 1 bunch of celery
- half a head of cabbage
- 1 package spice only soup mix (optional, but try to keep it as low in sodium as possible)
- 1 cube of low sodium bouillon
- 1 48oz can Low Sodium V8 juice (optional)
- Season to taste with pepper, parsley, curry, garlic powder, etc. (Little to NO SALT!)
Slice green onions, put in a pot on medium heat and start to sauté with cooking spray. Do this until the onions are whiter/clearer in color (about 4-6 minutes).
Cut green pepper stem end off, then cut pepper in half to take out the seeds and membrane. Cut the green pepper into bite size pieces and add to pot.
Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, add to pot.
Clean carrots, mushrooms, and celery, cut into bite size pieces and toss them in. Add tomatoes now, too.
If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of curry or cayenne pepper now.
For seasonings, you can use a spice soup packet of your choice (no noodles!) or use beef or chicken bouillon cubes. These cubes are optional, and you can add spices you like instead (make sure not to add much salt, if any at all).
Use about 12 cups of water (or 8 cups and the 48 oz of Low Sodium V8 juice), cover and put heat on low. Let soup simmer for a long time – about 2 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Stick With The Cabbage Soup Diet For 7 Days…And Look Amazing Later, Too!
The Cabbage Soup Diet WORKS and helps you lose weight fast. After you drop that weight, you’ll be looking and feeling great…and the key is to NOT gain it back later, right?
Want to know what I use to keep that weight OFF permanently??