Adding a variety of spices to our diet (not salt!) will help us in many ways! Some spices make us feel fuller, some help cut cravings, and others help out metabolisms move faster and help us digest.
In the plainest terms, this means: MORE WEIGHT LOSS.
Spice Up Your Life With These!
1. Cinnamon. It helps to balance blood sugar therefore people with diabetes can use it without alarm. It helps to balance cholesterol levels, too. Lately, I have been adding a pinch in my coffee with skim milk – it tastes like a Starbucks drink but with MUCH less calories!
2. Mustard SEED. There is a big difference between mustard seeds and the sugary, bottled condiment. These little seeds boost our metabolisms and make them work faster and harder. Sprinkle a pinch on your salad.
3. Ginger! If you’re a sushi fan, like me, you know about the unique tartness that ginger leaves add to sushi. Well, it’s good for you, too! It has anti-inflammatory properties AND helps boost your metabolism.
4. Cumin. Add a dash of cumin to your soup! It is helpful for digestion. Cumin is also a “historical” spice in that it’s been used for hundreds of years!
5. Cardamon. My international readers may be more familiar with cardamon than many of us in the US. It is quite popular in India and many Middle Eastern dishes. This is a heart healthy spice guaranteed to boost the metabolism. Turmeric is also very similar.
What is your favorite spice? Did you know that we can get a TON of immunity boosting properties from spices? You need your vitamins and fresh produce too, but it’s OK to spice up your life AND your next meal!
Tell me about your favorites in the comments!!