Even if you’re eating tons of vegetables, complete proteins, and drinking plenty of water, you can ruin all of your efforts with a big, greasy bag of potato chips.
However, I know that most of us need a snack between lunch and dinner…and that’s OK!
I actually just read some new information that says one helpful way to NOT snack at night (after dinner) is to make sure you have a quality, high-protein snack BEFORE dinner. That way dinner is more fulfilling and you’re less likely to snack at night.
Also, you already know that to keep your metabolism moving, you should eat small meals BEFORE you get hungry, and you’ll have less cravings for bad stuff.
So, here is a list of 10 items that are 100 calories OR less. Some are sweet, some are crunchy, some are salty, and some double as dessert.
Isabel has a HUGE sweet-tooth, and she has plenty of sweet, dessert-like recipes!
Snack happily…and guilt-free!
- 6 cups of plain, microwavable popcorn (skip the salt, okay?)
- ½ cup of cottage cheese (add a small slice of fruit, like watermelon, or a couple small strawberries to sweeten, and you’ll STILL be under 100 calories!)
- 14 almonds (fiber plus protein = full, happy belly)
- 1 apple (try it baked with a sprinkle of cinnamon, yum!)
- 1/3rd cup of edamame
- ½ cup high-protein yogurt (add cinnamon here, too)
- 1 cup of tomato soup (plus it’s warm, so perfect for those of us working in cold offices!)
- 1 ½ cup of grapes (they are awesome frozen, too)
And, two dessert-like options!
- Fro-Yo Sandwiches – made of graham crackers and
a table spoon of frozen yogurt! (still around 80 calories, even using flavors
other than Vanilla!)
- Banana “popsicles” made by opening the bottom of
a banana and shoving in a popsicle stick.
Add a dash of coconut (after you peel it) and enjoy!
And let me know if you have any other ideas in the comments below!!